Patrick Mahomes made his ladylove Brittany Matthews’ 25th birthday that much more special when the NFL superstar proposed to her!
How exciting! Patrick Mahomes sealed the deal with his gorgeous girlfriend-turned-fiance Brittany Matthews on Tuesday, September 1. The 24-year-old was already having a pretty special day himself when and and his fellow Kansas City Chiefs received their Super Bowl rings months after their triumphant victory against the San Francisco 49ers earlier this year. Brittany posted a bunch of cute Instagram stories and videos of her cheering him on in the stands before the big moment took place at what appeared to be a suite inside Arrowhead Stadium.
He arranged for a beautiful arrangement of flowers with some spelling out the magical words, “Will You Marry Me?”. She accepted, of course, and later posted a photo of the massive ring he got her which was then followed up with a bunch of congratulatory messages from their loved ones. What made this even more special, as if the engagement wasn’t enough, was that Patrick made it official with them on her 25th birthday.
Here are five more things to know you should know about the newly engaged beauty.
1. She & Patrick are childhood sweethearts. Patrick and Brittany have been dating since they were in high school. They were just teenagers when they got together, and they now live together nearly ten years later. The two purchased a house together in Kansas City in 2019, although they have admitted that they don’t plan on settling down there forever.
2. She’s a former soccer player. Brittany played soccer in college and even spent a year playing professionally in Iceland. Her time as an athlete inspired her to love being in the gym.
3. She’s a fitness trainer. Brittany runs her own fitness company called Brittany Lynne Fitness. She realized her passion for fitness after a year of playing professional soccer, and recognizing that she enjoyed being in the gym even more than being on the field.
4. She has a Bachelor’s degree. Brittany has a Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology. When she was in college at the University of Texas at Tyler, she and Patrick were in a long distance relationship, as he was studying at Texas Tech.
5. She was there for his big Super Bowl win. The now betrothed couple exhibited a ton of PDA after Patrick & The Kansas City Chiefs scored victory at SB LIV. At one point he hoisted her in the air as they warmly embraced one another during one of the biggest nights of their lives.